Friday, July 11, 2014

Back to Work: What's for Lunch?

Being a dancer, I often get asked, "what do you eat for lunch?" It is a common misconception that dancers don't eat but the reality is, we have to eat! Without fuel I could not get through my day, which usually consists of yoga or spin class at 6 a.m. followed by a 9:30 a.m. ballet class that leads into about 5 hours of rehearsal. As you can see I have a very physically exhausting schedule. By eating small snacks throughout the day and getting good rest I am able to execute my best work.

I though it would be fun to show you all what I eat for lunch each week. In order to save money and time, I usually make one large grain and vegetable salad accompanied by fruit. For my first week back to work I made a quinoa tabbouleh with chickpeas. It is filling and light so it gives me the energy I need without weighing me down. Enjoy!

Using a mason jar makes is easy to measure portions

Quinoa Tabbouleh
(Makes enough for about 5 days worth of lunch. About 1 1/2 cups)

1 1/2 cups quinoa dry
1 can chickpeas (drained)
1 cup parsley chopped
1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced in half
3 Persian cucumbers diced
Olive oil (enough to lightly coat salad)
Juice of one lemon
1 clove garlic chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Prepare quinoa and then add  the rest of the ingredients. Chill overnight for the best flavor!



No comments:

Post a Comment